My name is Zann Tweedy and I teach lower school (6-8) classes here at NVS. I teach Reading, Foundations of Communications, Math, and 6th grade History. I assist Mr. Houston during lower school PE/Healthy for Life. I received an Associate of Arts & Sciences from Central Virginia Community College with a major in General Studies. Later in life, I received my Bachelor of Arts in Psychology/Special Education from Lynchburg College. This is the beginning of my twelth year teaching at NVS. I am currently licensed to teach children K-12 with an endorsement to work with students with Learning Disabilities.
- Developing and maintaining strategies to help students improve their reading comprehension and fluency.
- Help students to increase receptive & expressive vocabulary (word parts, figurative language, using context clues)
Foundations of Communications:
- learning how to approach and complete reading and writing skills
- exploring strategies to effectively integrate reading, writing, speaking and listening skills as an essential study skill across the curriculum
- Develop and use positive and appropriate social skills in reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
- Explore new ways to express numerical relationships
- Refine computational skills with fractions, whole number, decimals & percent’s.
- Analyze and solve practical problems.
- Reinforce knowledge of mathematical terms and symbols
- Enhance accuracy and estimation skills.
- Interpret graphs and charts involving rational numbers.
- Improve analytical and logical thinking.