Please contact the NVS Business Office at (434) 846-0301, Ext. 13 for the current tuition rates.
The administration encourages families to apply for admission even if they have questions about their ability to afford the total tuition.
The Business Manager works confidentially with parents/guardians to determine need and available funding. Tuition Assistance Awards are made by the Scholarship Committee. In 2018-19, approximately 80% of NVS students received support and/or tuition assistance.
For returning students to be considered for tuition assistance, an application and tax documentation must be submitted each year. New students can submit their application and tax documents upon acceptance for admission.
TUITION ASSISTANCE PROCEDURE
Once a student has been officially accepted for admission the Tuition Assistance Application process can begin.
To start the online application process, please follow the instructions below:
- Click on the “FAST” Logo .
- Click “Start Application” to begin.
- The application process is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program allowing you to partially complete an application and return to it at another time. For any questions contact the FAST helpline available 24/7/365 at 1-877-326-FAST (3278).
- After all sections have been completed, the program will prompt you to submit payment. This can be paid by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) If you do not have a credit card or need assistance, please contact the NVS Business Office (434) 846-0301 Ext. 13.
- Upon payment receipt, the program will require you to scan or mail your tax documents (Federal and State taxes including all schedules and W-2’s) to FAST for verification purposes:
If assistance is needed with scanning, uploading, or mailing your tax documents please contact the NVS Business Office (434) 846-0301 Ext.13.
**The Online Tuition Assistance application and the Parent/Guardian Tax Documents must be received by FAST before the student’s application can be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee. Award determination will be sent via mail.
THE LUCY GUGGENHEIMER ROSS ENDOWMENT
In 2001, the New Vistas School Board of Directors established an endowed fund, created by Rosel and Elliot Schewel, to honor New Vistas founder and Head of School Lucy Guggenheimer Ross. The fund provides a perpetual honor for Ms. Ross and contributes annually toward tuition assistance for those families in financial need. Administered by The Greater Lynchburg Community Foundation, this living fund is open for unrestricted contributions to support current and future NVS students. Those wishing to donate to this fund may contact the Trust at 434-845-6500